How to Obtain Transfer Credit

How to Obtain Transfer Credit

Please find important information about requesting approval for study abroad credit and for transferring credit from other institutions on the Arts & Sciences website.

To request credit towards your English major or minor for courses taken through study abroad or at another college or university:

  1. Schedule a Zoom meeting with the Director of Undergraduate Studies in English by sending an email to Aurora Ricardo, The DUS meets with students during office hours in the weeks when classes are in session and during exam weeks.


  2. Once you have a scheduled appointment, please send the following documents as pdf files to the DUS, Professor Kate McCullough,, at least 24 hours in advance of your scheduled appointment:

  • Requisite approval of credit form: either the Arts & Sciences Approval of Study Abroad Credit form or the Arts & Sciences Application for Credit from Other Institutions form.

    Note: The Approval of Study Abroad Credit form is available through the A&S Study Abroad Program or in the A&S Registrar’s Office. The Application for Credit from Other Institutions form is available on the Arts & Sciences website, here.

  • Syllabus or reading list from all courses for which you are requesting transfer credit.

  • Examples of work completed for courses (at least one example for each course).

  • Grade sheet or transcript from abroad or other institution, if available.

Important: FWS classes and substitutions fall under the purview of the Knight Institute. You must see the "FWS | Substitutions" section of the John S. Knight Institute for Writing in the Disciplines website for information and instructions.